We’re looking for a senior designer ready to take their career to the next level. Your role will be to lead on design projects, combining rigorous craft with boundless enthusiasm to deliver work on time and to the highest standards. You will be deeply immersed at every stage of a project, liaising with all departments across the studio and ensuring that design and strategy are perfectly aligned to create compelling solutions.
You will be required to create work of all types, ranging from powerful pitch decks, to website designs and creating video content. As a client-facing member of the design team, you will be regularly required to present to large teams, able to confidently express the value of design rather than just its visual qualities.
Finally, as a senior member of the team you will lead by example, maintaining a highly professional and positive outlook and an active interest in the latest design and communication trends, seeking out the new and extraordinary and bringing this to through in your work.
What we offer
How to apply
Please send a link to your showreel or a pdf portfolio of your work (<10MB) and cv to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Senior Graphic Designer’.
The We are Fred family has tripled in size since we opened our studio doors 5 years ago. We’ve doubled the size of our account handling team and added top talent to the creative team.
We’ve also grown our network of talented freelancers. Trusted, reliable partners that we can call upon to help out, offering additional and complementary skills and become a natural extension to our team. Having a book of other creatives for us to work with, offering completely different skillsets, has allowed us the opportunity to offer a large number of add-on services. We’ve used freelancers for drone photography, CGI’s, video content, copywriting, PR, as well as branding and UI & UX design.
We recognise that freelancers are a great source of talent and innovation and in the fast-moving sector we work in this has proven to be invaluable to the agency in helping us to grow the business. They often offer a wider variety in their experience and insights with access to a bigger network that can help them improve their own skills as well being a source of other talent. For us, our freelancers can be a breath of fresh air. We welcome constructive criticism of our work, asking for a new perspective on something that we have been close to and helping us to see things through fresh eyes can be invaluable. Freelancers tend to more innovative by nature. They have to be. This helps us to continue evolving by perhaps suggesting new ways to do things that keep us ahead of the competition. Obviously, these benefits get passed directly to our clients.
We always love to hear from other creatives – do get in touch if you think we could work together.
This role has great career progression – with the focus on training and developing, with the aim to move you from an account executive to an account manager within 2 years. If you have executive experience previously, this may be fast-tracked as you will already have a great base for progression.
Main ResponsibilitiesSupporting the account management team, you will help to deliver creative marketing campaigns and branding projects for our clients.This will include (but not limited to – as it is a very varied role);
- Supporting the account management team with marketing administration including booking jobs onto the system, updating client trackers and invoicing
- Managing email marketing campaigns with the team and working with our clients to meet their deadlines
- Updating CMS / Websites
- Looking after the media schedules and managing the press advertising creative
- Liaising with the studio on amends to projects to manage this through and back to the client to agreed deadlines
- Taking briefs from clients and attending weekly meetings
- You will be driven to gain the experience and knowledge to progress onto an account manager position
- You will be happy to learn on the job and be proactive in the way you work and your ideas
- Confident communicating with clients – a background / previous experience in a busy customer service environment / hospitality would be ideal
- Articulate and Numerate – the role will involve some simple copy writing, writing creative briefs and communicating to our clients via email and verbally -both in person and over the phone.
- Organised – as you progress your role will take on more of a Project Manager position and you will be required to handle multiple projects at one time
- You will be a people person and a great team player
- You will be able to handle ‘happy pressure’ – no two days are the same and it is a very quick and fast paced environment
- You will love the idea of being involved with creative discussions and brainstorms – and not afraid to bring your ideas to the table.
- We have a vibrant culture within the business, therefore a bright personality would fit right in.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent (ideally in marketing, business, psychology or another creative discipline)
- Driving licence
CultureWe have a very inclusive and vibrant culture where we appreciate that our staff our the reason for our existence. We have regular team lunches / drinks in the sunshine and have created an office environment that has a relaxed and inspiring feel. The music is always on, the biscuit tin and fruit basket is always full – and we understand the importance of a social atmosphere where you can be trusted to do your role rather than creating the pressure of meeting targets and ensuring we have a silent office.
We don’t offer working from home as standard – we prefer to be transparent about this – but we do appreciate and understand that sometimes there is a need to be flexible around life’s commitments and open to working from home around those moments as and when you need them.
LocationWe are based in the centre of the city with good transport links by train and bus. We have a long stay car-park nearby for £6.50 a day parking – or free on street parking with a 15 minute walk. We are located just outside the park and ride stops – you can see them from our window – so this is another popular option with our staff for those that drive.
- We don’t want you spending your birthday at work – so if it falls on a work day, you can have it off on us!
- 20 days holiday and all bank holidays
- Closed for Christmas week between Xmas Day and New Years Day – this is additional to your holiday and you do not need to take this out of your allowance.
- Biscuits, fruit – tea and coffee on tap
- Occasional social events and it has been known for a few pizza lunches after pitch wins!
- The client services team work from an Apple Laptop and you are allowed to take this out of the office and use for personal use whilst you are employed with us.
- Work place pension scheme
- Discretionary bonus’